It is an ad postcard for Air France. I think it's kind of a neat postcard; however, I was a bit disappointed that the sender didn't write a single word on the back of it. :(
I was interested (slightly) in learning something about Air France. This is some of what I learned about the airline.
- Air France is headquartered on the grounds of Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport located north of Paris.
- Air France was formed in 1933 from a merger of several airlines.
- Air France served as France's primary national flag carrier for seven decades prior to its merger with KLM in 2003. (A flag carrier is an airline or ship-line registered under the laws of a country whose government gives it partial or total monopoly over international routes.)
- In 2004, Air France ranked as the largest European airline with 25.5% total market share.
- In 2004, Air France was the largest airline in the world in terms of operating revenue.
- In 2011, Air France carried 59,513,000 passengers.
- As of 2013, Air France serves 36 destinations in France and operates worldwide scheduled passenger and cargo services to 168 destinations in 93 countries.