In this engaging book, a mama owl tells her baby owl about the Holy family.
"WHOOOO," asked Baby Owl, "is the Holy Child?"The illustrations in the book were done in mixed media with collage on vellum. ~So brightly colored and simplistic. :)
"He is the gift from God," whoooed Mama.
"WHOOOO," said Baby Owl, "forgot to give his Holy Child feathers to keep him warm!"
"God, his Heavenly Father, has given him the warmth of his love instead of feathers," said Mama.
~from Asleep in the Stable
For the ornament, T made a cut-and-paste owl.
T's owl does have feet; they're glued to the back. He insisted...and since it was his creation, I was okay with it. ;o)
- white card stock
- adhesive wiggly eyes
- brown craft feathers
- hole punch
- hemp cord (for hanging)
Print out the template.
Cut out the pieces.
Glue together the owl.
- Glue the tan oval onto the brown oval so the bottoms line up.
- Glue the dark brown triangle onto the brown oval so the tops line up.
- Glue the orange triangle (beak) and the yellow circles (eyes) onto the owl.
- Attach the wiggly eyes to the center of the yellow circles.
- Glue the orange circles (feet) onto the bottom of the owl.
Glue on craft feathers. Allow the ornament to dry thoroughly.
Punch a hole near the top of the ornament, add a loop of hemp cord, and hang the ornament on your Christmas tree! :)
Christmas Ornament Party
Christmas Craft Party
12 Days of Christmas Party
Read Explore Learn
T.G.I.F. Party #56 (Living Life Intentionally)
Shine on Fridays