Friday, October 11, 2013

Get To Know Me


You might be interested to know (especially if you are a teacher), that you can request a complimentary "Get To Know Me" poster and lesson plan for elementary school-aged children.


The National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) is offering these materials (free of charge) in an effort to raise awareness about Down syndrome and to promote inclusion.


The poster is 11x17 inches.  The lesson plan (for grades K-2 and 3-5) reinforces the inclusive message of the poster.


P.S.  If you're keeping track, then you'll know that I missed posting this on the actual day 7 of my challenge(s).  :(  My sister had surgery on Friday morning, I had what ended up being a looong appointment in the afternoon (2 1/2 hours, plus an additional 1 3/4 hours of travel time), and then I went straight to the hospital to visit my sister.  I arrived home at 10:30 pm...and sat in front of the computer for almost an hour, trying to compose a post.  It wasn't coming together...so at 11:30 pm, I went to bed.  Hence, it's actually Saturday, October 12th at 3:15 pm.  You don't mind that I changed the post date to Friday, do you?  
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment