Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Spain

Today, I received this postcard from Catalonia.


I wasn't sure where in the world Catalonia is located.  (Am I alone in this?)  I had to look it up.  I discovered the following.


Catalonia is an autonomous community of Spain, with the official status of a nationality. Catalonia comprises four provinces.  Its capital and largest city is Barcelona, the second largest city in Spain after Madrid, and the center of one of the largest metropolitan areas in Europe.  Catalonia covers an area of 32,114 km and has a population of 7,535,251.

Catalonia borders France and Andorra to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east. The Catalan government intends to hold a referendum on independence from Spain in 2014.


source:  wikipedia.org


Okay...there you have it...your geography lesson for the day...and mine, too!  ;o)

If you'd like more information about collecting international postcards, you can read my original post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment