Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

Last night was Hallmark's Holiday Open House...by invitation only.  (All that means is that I've spent waaay too much money at Hallmark throughout the year.  So what am I going to do??  ~Attend the Open House and spend some more money...!)  Hallmark does "reward" us shopaholics with a gift bag full of wonderful Christmas goodies.

Ceramic Christmas Cookie Jar
WoodWick Jar Candle
Keepsake Ornament, Welcome Christmas!
Hallmark Confections

~And it's fun.  The employees dress up in themed outfits...and they serve hot and cold beverages, brownies, cookies, candies, seasoned snack crackers, veggies, and dips.  Actually now that I think about it, they probably have an ulterior motive for the drinks and food; they don't want anyone to pass out from standing in line for 45+ minutes, waiting to check out!  :)

I do love Christmas ornaments...any, really.  I have several Hallmark "series" going.  My "longest running" series is Puppy Love.  I think this is year number 21?

Hallmark Keepsake Ornament
Puppy Love

I've also been collecting A Pony For Christmas for quite awhile; this is year number 14 on that series.

Hallmark Keepsake Ornament
A Pony For Christmas

I wish I had started collecting the Crayola ornaments way back when.  I like those a lot.

My husband likes Snoopy, so you know I have to purchase all of those ornaments (for him, of course).  He says he doesn't care...but then he goes and does something like purchase three more Snoopy ornaments (all the same, mind you) when he comes across them at the flea market.  Hmmm...sounds like he likes them quite a bit, if you ask me.  Also, we put up a Christmas tree with only Snoopy ornaments on it.  That tree goes up without fail...every year.  (A second tree, if it gets put up, is the one with all of the other 400 or so ornaments on it.)

I don't know why I do it to myself.  Every year, I think I'm going to cut back...and then I see the new ornaments...and they're so cute...and I can't seem to resist (much to my husband's chagrin).

So...has anyone else started thinking about Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. That pug dog is too cute! I don't like to think about Xmas this early, but some things need pre-planning!

    ReplyDelete