Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Owl Sandwich

I prepared another owl-themed lunch for T today.


The owl is a snack idea that I found in this unit and lapbook....I just made a couple of changes.  It's made from a piece of bologna, a piece of cheddar cheese (a square, cut in half diagonally), two Ritz crackers, two slices of black olive, and pretzel sticks (broken into pieces).


I cut two slices of bread with a circle cutter and placed one bread circle under the bologna.  Right before T was ready to eat, we said "Bye-bye, owl!" and put the second bread circle on top to make a sandwich.


I also gave T some tortilla chips in a green bowl with an owl pick.  For the pick, I used a foam owl and embellished it with two tiny wiggle eyes...and glued a toothpick to the back.


Linked to:
   I Heart Lunch
   What's for Lunch Wednesday
   Fancy Sandwich Friday

3 comments:

  1. This is such a simple idea, and so cute! thanks for sharing it for Fancy Sandwich Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, this is just adorable! Loving your great creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete