Friday, November 22, 2013

Foot, Again

"Silly old bear," said Christopher Robin.

When I went back to see the orthopedist on Tuesday, I thought I was going to get an "all clear -- good to go" from him...even though my foot still is not back to "normal."
Silly me.


Instead, I was given a prescription for four more weeks of physical therapy.  At least he didn't use the "s" word:  surgery!  Not yet, anyway.  He told me that if (at some point) my foot does not continue to get better, and if (at that point) my foot is not fully functional, then surgery is in the picture for me.


You can believe these two things:
     I will be going to physical therapy twice a week, faithfully (even though I
          am tired of going to therapy).
     I will be doing my physical therapy exercises at home, faithfully (even
          though I am tired of doing exercises).


I'm so totally ready for my foot to be "fully functional," as my orthopedist put it.


P.S.  If you don't know what in the world I'm talking about, you can read my last post about my foot here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment