Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Hike

We went letterboxing this afternoon:  my husband, T, and I.  My husband doesn't typically go with us.  However, when we're looking for letterboxes deep in the woods, I do feel safer if he's with us.

Clue #1 -- Cross the first bridge.


Clue #2 -- See a birdhouse on the right.


Clue #3 -- Find a trail marker on a tree.


See a bee on a leaf.  (No...not a clue!)



Clue #4 -- Find the Genie hiding at the far end of a log.


It seems that every time my husband is with us, it starts to rain.  I don't think he really enjoys letterboxing...and I've decided that he must wish the rain upon us so that we can quit and go home!  Maybe I should add that he's not especially fun to have along?  Sarcastic comments seem to issue from his mouth, and he gets kind of grouchy.  Hmmm...maybe I just should carry a baseball bat or something for safety's sake??  lol.


Yes...we were deep in the woods, and it started to rain.  It was a long hike back to our vehicle.  He asked me (as we were trotting down the path in the rain), "Are you still having fun?"  Actually, I was.  :)  I didn't mind getting wet.  T didn't seem to mind either.


I spotted a turtle on the path on our way out of the woods.


At least after all of that, we found a letterbox!  ;o)

Then we went to eat comfort food:  pizza!  A nice Memorial Day was had by all at least two of us!  :)


P.S.  I do think it's nice of my husband to go with us.  I appreciate him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment