On Saturday evening, we attended a graduation banquet at our chapel. All of the graduates (high school, college, law school, etc.) who attend the chapel were recognized; four of the five were in attendance.
After the meal, there was a short program. It was fun to learn more about each graduate. I even learned a few things about my niece, such as:
- Her first time flying was when she flew out of a category four hurricane. They were the last flight out! (Hurricane Floyd)
- A shark swam by her when she was snorkeling once. She didn't notice it until her friend pointed it out to her.
- She moved seven times and lived in four different states, all before her thirteenth birthday.
- She has kept almost every (written) letter she has ever received. (She has four or five shoeboxes full of them.)
- She spent two weeks in Europe and traveled to four countries.
|My, how she's grown and matured!|
~Still as cute as ever. :)
They shared their hopes and plans for the future.
The graduates were given the following verses to ponder.
Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
We enjoyed ourselves...
|T and his papa|
|My niece and my sister|
and we enjoyed the decorations....
Afterward, my husband, T, and I tooled around Lowe's. (~No pun intended.)
T wanted his picture taken in front of this huge tool storage chest.