I found these two recipes on the Internet:
Here is the recipe I used:
Candied Orange Peel3 navel oranges
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
additional sugar (to coat)
1. Rinse the oranges.
2. Cut off the top and bottom of each orange. Score the skin into quarters.
3. Remove the skin (peel and pith). Cut the skin into strips about 1/8-inch
wide. (Refrigerate the oranges for another use.)
4. Place the strips of peel in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
5. Bring to a full boil on high heat.
6. Drain the water from the strips of peel.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 two more times.
8. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 3/4 cup
of water. Bring to a simmer.
9. Let the mixture cook for 8-9 minutes at a constant simmer.
10. Add the strips of peel and cook for 45-60 minutes at a constant simmer,
without stirring. (If necessary, swirl the pan to make sure all of the strips
of peel get covered with the syrup.) At the end of the cooking time, the
strips of peel will be translucent.
11. Drain any remaining syrup.
12. Spread the strips of peel on a drying rack. Allow them to dry for 4-5 hours.
13. Cut the strips of peel into small pieces and toss with additional sugar to
14. Store the Candied Orange Peel in an airtight container.
Yield: approximately 2 1/2 cups
The aroma of the cooking orange peel is lovely! :)
Best Recipes & DIY Projects
Titus 2 Tuesday
Fun Food Friday
Family Fun Friday