You can prepare for Christmas as a family and learn more about Bible characters related to the Nativity. Scripture, a lesson, an activity, a prayer, and a puzzle is provided for each day of Advent. The downloads include:
- Advent poster - full-color and black-and-white versions
- character cutouts - 26 individual Bible characters
- parents' guide - for 26 days of Advent
- kids' puzzles - 26 different puzzles
1. Print out the Advent poster and assemble it. Hang it in a central location in your home.
2. Print out the characters of Christmas. Each day of Advent, your child can cut out the Bible character for that day and attach it to the poster. It might take a bit of searching to find the correct location! (The character's background should be matched to the image on the poster.)
3. Each day, plan the Scripture reading, short lesson, child-friendly activity, and prayer that highlights a different person or animal related to the Nativity. The parents' guide has it all laid out!
4. After enjoying a time of family fun and reflection, let your child work on a puzzle page. For each day of Advent, there is a related puzzle, interesting Bible fact, and suggestions for discovering more!
Treasure the season of Advent as you lead your family on a faith-filled journey to the manger. You can find the free downloads here.
Advent starts on November 30th!
photos source: Thriving Family