These are the first two owl decorations I made.
- I printed this owl pattern onto heavyweight (110 lb.) white card stock.
- I cut out the body and covered it with pieces of newspaper.
- I cut out the wing and the face and beak and traced the pattern pieces onto scrapbooking paper.
- I cut them out and glued them to the body.
- I added buttons (layered) for the eyes.
- I glued a piece of hemp cord to the back (for hanging).
- I also traced the body pattern piece onto scrapbooking paper (same as used above), which I cut out and glued to the back of the owl...to give it a more "finished" look since the back will show when hanging.