Sunday, May 25, 2014

Newspaper Owls

For the dining table centerpiece, I'm going to put a tree branch in an owl vase. Hanging from the branch will be various owl decorations...some purchased and others handmade.

These are the first two owl decorations I made.


  1. I printed this owl pattern onto heavyweight (110 lb.) white card stock.
  2. I cut out the body and covered it with pieces of newspaper.
  3. I cut out the wing and the face and beak and traced the pattern pieces onto scrapbooking paper.
  4. I cut them out and glued them to the body.
  5. I added buttons (layered) for the eyes.
  6. I glued a piece of hemp cord to the back (for hanging).
  7. I also traced the body pattern piece onto scrapbooking paper (same as used above), which I cut out and glued to the back of the owl...to give it a more "finished" look since the back will show when hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment