Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Jethro

Tonight for supper, we had "The Jethro."  We saw this heaping-helping sandwich on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives television show several months ago.  I couldn't remember all of the details...just that I wanted to make it.  I think I came pretty close to the featured sandwich.


I made it with the following layers, from the bottom up:

  • sandwich thin (toasted inside, only)
  • Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon)
  • cheddar cheese (sliced)
  • Virginia ham (deli sliced, diced and cooked briefly in the frying pan)
  • bacon (cooked crisp)
  • aged Swiss cheese (sliced)
  • pork tenderloin (pounded thin, coated with seasoned bread crumbs and fried)
  • pork barbecue (from Henry's Smokehouse restaurant)
  • barbecue sauce (came with purchased barbecue)
  • dressing (Miracle Whip)

We are talking Out.Of.This.WORLD goodness!!!  Oh my.  (I know...such heart-healthy food.)  I don't even want to know how many points Weight Watchers would award that one!  :P

Anyway...all said and done...I think I did Jethro Bodine proud!  lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment