Friday, May 17, 2013

Bunny in a Garden

For lunch today, T is having this bunny-in-a-garden meal.


  • Bunny Face Salad (made from a cut up hard-boiled egg with green olive slices for eyes and celery sticks for whiskers, on romaine lettuce)
  • Ranch dressing
  • baby carrots
  • Annie's Bunny Pasta and Cheese
  • Ritz Spring (theme) crackers
  • Annie's Bunny Grahams

I'm going to read the book,
Peter Rabbit, to T while he's eating.  I'm sure he will enjoy hearing about Peter Rabbit's escapades in Mr. McGregor's garden!


I came across the idea for the Bunny Face Salad...



...when I was looking through some of my teacher resource books the other day. This fun food idea was in the book, Party Ideas with Crafts Kids Can Make, published by Highlights for Children in 1981....Yes, I've had the book about that long!

Anyway, I knew the upcoming theme on Bento Blog Network was "eggs"...and therefore, I also knew I just had to make it!!  :)


Linked to:

   Bento Blog Network
   Another Lunch
   Dig Into Gardening
   Love Books
   Bento Blog Network


Update - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM:


T was so cute at lunchtime today.  As I was reading, he kept pointing to the lettuce under his bunny rabbit (salad).  He wanted me to know that he was eating lettuce just like Peter Rabbit!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment