Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thankful

Our water heater sprang a leak late yesterday afternoon...resulting in lots of water to clean up, lots of wet, soggy boxes to go through.  Oh, what a mess, what a chore!

We are told to be thankful in everything.*  I am so thankful...
  • so thankful I was home,
  • so thankful I noticed the small puddle of water on the garage floor (caught it early),
  • so thankful my mom was visiting (and was able and willing to help),
  • so thankful my husband was in town (and able to leave work early),
  • so thankful my husband was able to fix the problem (and was willing to help with the clean-up),
  • so thankful it was not blazing hot outside (as we hauled box after box to the driveway),
  • so thankful it was not raining or wet outside.

I dragged my bone-weary body inside the house at 11:30 pm.  I haven't been that exhausted in a while (at least not since the last party I hosted!  haha.)

*1 Thessalonians 5:18  "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment