Friday, September 16, 2011

It's a Jungle in Here!

Our schoolroom and connected bathroom have a jungle theme.  Our son, Talks-with-Hands, is partial to monkeys, so it works out well.  :)

Each year on T's first day back to (home) school, I give him a card and a gift...usually a stuffed monkey.  This year was no different.  I suppose it's become a sort of tradition maybe??

I carried the monkey idea bit further this year.  T completed a week of monkey-themed activities.  Hey, he even enjoyed some monkey-themed meals!  For the activities, I primarily used the Letter M for Monkey unit from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  For the meals, I actually came up with the ideas on my own...after looking at lots and lots of fabulous Muffin Tin Meals!  (You all are sooo creative!)

Breakfast...


monkey shapes cut from French toast, holding banana slices, swinging from a fruit roll-up vine...and milk in a monkey cup.

Lunch...


a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a wrap (from Little Lovely, with monkey stickers added), and Cheez-It Scrabble Junior crackers....Yes, I know the J is missing; I searched through the entire new box of crackers, and no J.


...and a bottle of water with a wrap.

For dessert...


a cupcake.  ~A little lame, isn't it?  I didn't have any couldn't find the can of white icing (which I intended to tint green), and I had neither the inclination nor the time to make icing, so I opted for powdered sugar and sprinkles (and monkey face fruit snacks).  T was happy.  I guess that's what matters most.  :)

Happy "Back to School"!

BTW, check out some other muffin tin meals....

MuffinTinMom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment