Thursday, March 27, 2014

Winner!

It's exciting to *win* a drawing, is it not?  Well, guess what!?  I won a drawing at the Southeast Homeschool Convention last week!

I received a kindle edition of Relief Notes:  Encouraging Letters for Tough Times by the Christian Authors Guild.



Inside the book are 52 encouraging letters from caregivers, the financially challenged, and even addicts (everyday folks who have experienced the highs and lows of overindulgence).  Their homespun messages offer encouragement, inspiration, and glimpses of victory.¹


Cynthia L. Simmons is a speaker, author, and Bible teacher who uses history to encourage women and illustrate biblical truths.²  She contributed two of the letters in the book:  "Mom of a Special Child" and "Financially Challenged."


I met Cynthia at the homeschool conference, and I attended one of her workshops as well.  (You can view a list of the workshops I attended here.)  I discovered her to be a kind and encouraging person with a heart seeking to help women learn Bible study techniques.


Cynthia also generously gave me a complimentary copy of her study guide, Women in History Who Overcame.  This 12-week Bible study uses the stories in her companion book by the same title, and compares their dilemmas to Scripture.  I'm looking forward to delving into it.  :)  (You can view all of the books written by Cynthia L. Simmons here.)


sources:
   ¹Amazon
   ²Relief Notes:  Encouraging Letters for Tough Times

No comments:

Post a Comment